Thursday, November 8, 2012

Recipes: Shroomin' Cheesy Mini Quiches


I wanted to make personal quiches for my son's birthday brunch, but I didn't want them to be tiny, like the ones you would make in mini muffin cups, the little 2" variety. Rather, I wanted them to be more like "personal" size quiches--like fun size instead of bite size.

So I kinda made this recipe up. I looked at a few recipes but couldn't find quite what I was looking for, so here's what I ended up with, and it turned out really well!

Ingredients
2 boxes premade refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts total)
4 eggs
1/2 C grated/fancy-shred Parmesan
1/4 C grated cheddar
1/2 red pepper, diced and sauteed
3 white mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
1 1/4 C whole milk or half-n-half
1/3 C whipping cream (optional)
smoked or regular paprika
fresh-ground black pepper
dash Creole seasoning (I like Tony Chachere's)

Directions
Cut up each pie crust into 6 pieces (you can stack all four and cut them at once using a knife or pizza cutter). Ball up portions of the dough, roll them out, and fit them into 2 muffin pans for 24 quiches.


Filling: Mixture the 4 eggs, Parmesan, cheddar, milk/half-n-half, whipping cream (again, optional), and spices. Sautee the red bell peppers and mushrooms and let cool before mixing them in. Spoon filling into each muffin with just enough for all 24.

Baked them at 350° for about 30 minutes or until the crusts started browning. Super rich and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment