Thursday, November 8, 2012

Recipes: Food Network's Pumpkin Cheese Ball

Rolled in cheesy Doritos.
I love eating food that looks like other food.

I saw this Pumpkin Cheese Ball in Food Network Magazine and had to give it a go for my son's birthday brunch. He was born the day before Halloween, so I have the feeling I'll be whipping up a number of fall- and Halloween-themed party foods for many years to come. 

Mmm. Fall.


I used the Kitchen Aid recipe for the cheeseball: 1 cup freshly grated cheddar, 1 cup freshly grated swiss, 1 8-oz block softened cream cheese, a few dashes Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and chopped fresh chives all worked together with the Kitchen Aid at a decently high speed to mash the cheeses together real nice-like. 
Then you just shape the cheeseball into a pumpkin shape, coat it with crushed nacho Doritos, and top it with the stem of a bell pepper. I used the dull side of a butter knife to press in some grooves around the pumpkin. And voila! We served it with orange and black Halloween tortilla chips and Kashi TLC crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment