Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homemade Flavored Butter


I was whipping up some cream for a strawberry shortcake party and left the Kitchen Aid running a bit too long. When I came back, the cream had separated into some kind of weird chunky stuff in watery liquid.

Turns out that's how you make butter.

Just for jollies, I strained and kept it, forming it into this little cake an a small ceramic bowl. And guess what? It turned out deliciously! (Of course it did--it's butter.) I had added a little vanilla, a touch of sugar, and lemon zest to what I thought would become whipped cream and ended up with a lemony, sweet butter spread instead.

So I assume that if you want to make some kind of flavored butter, just add what you want to some whipping cream, turn your mixer on high, and forget what you were doing because you'll come back to something fattening and delicious--a winning combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment